Linux AntiVirus Solutions
At Vault Networks we care about the security and safety of your managed hosting services business. We know your customers depend on you for reliable systems and, in turn, you depend on us. That’s why we’re proud to offer a full range of managed dedicated servers, such as the Linux dedicated server available with CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise. In addition, because we believe a quality server is a safe server, each of our managed dedicated servers comes with Clam AntiVirus software installed.
Clam AntiVirus Software
Clam AntiVirus is a GPL antivirus toolkit for UNIX. Its main purpose is to integrate with mail servers to provide attachment scanning. The package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command-line scanner, and a tool for automatic updating via the Internet. The programs are based on a shared library distributed with the Clam AntiVirus package, which you can use with your own software. Clam’s virus database is constantly updated so that you can be sure your server is safe from even the most recent viruses.
Clam AntiVirus features include:
- A command-line scanner.
- A fast, multi-threaded daemon.
- A milter interface for sendmail.
- A database updater with support for digital signatures.
- A virus scanner C library.
- On-access scanning (Linux and FreeBSD).
- Detection of over 20,000 viruses, worms, and Trojans.
- Built-in support for RAR (2.0), Zip, Gzip, and Bzip2.
- Built-in support for Mbox, Maildir, and raw mail files.