Connecting Miami to Latin America Lightning Fast and for Less
- Security personnel are on-site 24/7/365
- Guards require valid photo ID from any individuals attempting to enter the building
- A key card is required to use the building’s elevators and access the data center floor
- An additional key card and biometric hand scan is required to access colocation space
Data Centers In Florida
Located in the heart of downtown Miami, Vault Networks’ MIA 1 & MIA 2 share the dual power grid that services local hospitals, federal and state courthouses. Ranked as one of the five most connected cities in the world, Miami has a telecommunications infrastructure that further enhances services at our data center by providing multiple fiber loops, carrier facilities, and international cable landings. Vault Networks gives your company access to the preeminent communications gateway to Latin America.
Vault Networks’ MIA 2 is Category-5-hurricane-rated facility and resides outside of FEMA’s 500-year flood zone, providing an additional level of security for our clients. Our data center is located in a former BellSouth central office and was completely renovated in 1999.
In addition to the superior connectivity and robust physical infrastructure of our data center in Miami, our colocation clients can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with first-class security.
36 N.E. 2nd Street. Miami, FL 33132
Facility Details Overview
- Building: Built in 1925. Renovated in 2009 to telecom standards
- Roof: Four ply built-up roof (1999), rated to 150 mph
- AC/DC Power: 120V, 208V, 480V AC. -48 DC underground feed served by three substations
- Global Carriers: Fiberlight, AT&T, TW Telecom, Comcast Business Class, Verizon Business, Level 3, Global Crossing, Qwest,
Florida Power & Light FiberNet, Internap, Savvis, and XO, Direct Connect Internet Access
- Floor Height: 14′ deck to deck with no obstructions. raised floor environment
- Redundancy: AC/DC UPS Power
- UPS: (3) 160 kVA Powerware; N+1
- Generator: (1) Megawatt capacity generator. Contract-guaranteed service for a redundant, roll-up generator
- Air Conditioners: (8) 20-ton air conditioners service each floor – constant 72ºF temperature with 40-60% humidity
- Security: CCTV digital cameras and recorders, alarm system, biometric hand readers, plus key cards. 24/7/365 security staff; TotalPac fire suppression system. Mission “Hospital Priority” in Florida Power and Light (utility power) Critical Power hierarchy
- Rack Space: Accessible only by a combination. Racks are built so that each unit is completely inaccessible by other clients that may share rack space in the nearby area.
- Antenna Towers: Existing 100′ and 65′ towers available for client use
- Diverse conduit Entry Points: Two (2) manhole entries each east and west (four total entry points)
- Diverse Basement Entries: Ten (10) 4″ conduits installed between the basement entries and the manholes for client use.
- Separate Power Riser: Power risers from the basement to rooftop with a walk-in catwalk on each floor
- Separate Wet Riser: Dedicated wet riser for HVAC systems
- Loading Dock: Two bays with access to freight elevator
- Freight Elevator: 96″ x 120″ door, 120″ x 120″ x 60″ cab. Capacity: 5,000 lbs
Security & Environment
Additional physical and environmental security measures to ensure secure, high-performance operation:
- CCTV digital cameras record all activity 24/7/365. The network of CCTV cameras is fully integrated into the alarm system and the physical structure of the building surpasses all local building codes and standards with added security measures. All footage is archived for future retrieval.
- TotalPac Fire Suppression System. This dual-alarmed, dual interlock, multi-zoned, pre-zoned, pre-action, dry pipe fire suppression delivery system is state-of-the-art: The electrical and mechanical systems were built with the latest technologies. Clients have N+1 redundancy to guarantee continuous operation with branch breaker monitoring plus dual power grid services.
- 24/7/365 management and monitoring of environmental systems. Our 14′ high ceilings in a raised floor environment ensure that your equipment is maintained with N+1 cooling. This provides optimum airflow, with a constant 72ºF temperature and 40-60% humidity. Power systems are designed for maximum effectiveness and are capable of delivering 120V, 208V, 480V AC, and -48V DC to match each client’s unique needs.
- Colocation Cabinets: Available in full-, half- and quarter-rack sizes with your choice of amperage and bandwidth. Featuring disaster recovery, network redundancy, regulatory compliance, technical support, and a 99.999% guaranteed level of service. Learn More | Request A Quote
- Backup Services: Vault Networks utilizes R1Soft, maker of the only Continuous Data Protection® (CDP) virtual backup software for Windows, Linux, and MySQL servers. R1Soft provides backup server software to over 100,000 mission-critical Windows and Linux servers around the world. Vault Networks stores the virtual backup information at a secure offsite location that is readily available should the need arise. This software also features Bare-Metal Restore methodology. Learn More
- Dedicated Servers: Before your business is set up with a dedicated server, Vault Networks will evaluate your current business needs then design a custom dedicated server solution. The recommended solution will be configured with the appropriate software, processor, hard drive space, speed, services, number of IPs and backup services to fit your business needs. As your business grows, we can help you add features and services to strengthen your dedicated server solution. Learn More | Pricing
SCHEDULE A TOUR
VISIT ONE OF OUR DATA CENTERS